Standard Terms and Conditions (Film Productions)
Permissions and Arrangements:
- Please ensure that any employees to be filmed have been informed of the arrangements before the day of the shoot.
- Release forms can be supplied to the client if required and should be distributed in advance or can be completed on the day of the shoot.
- For educational projects, the client assumes responsibility and liability for obtaining permissions from schools or other educational establishments. The client will be required to sign a blanket release form and send it to Paul Carpenter Films prior to commencement of editing work. Delays, administration or additional editing requirements caused insufficient release form documentation or inacurate permission requests will be chargeable to the client at the normal hourly/day rate.
- Please ensure that if minors are to be filmed, the parent or guardian of the child is told in advance and has agreed in writing. If this is not possible due to large numbers of participants (e.g. a school), responsibility should be deferred to that school by asking them to sign a general release form covering their minors. If you need help preparing a release form, please contact Alchemy Productions.
- Please ensure that advertising, sponsorship and promotion of branded goods and services is avoided. Bear this in mind when hiring costumes and locations for a shoot. Failure to do so could cause delays and consequently lead to additional editing charges.
- Display: The client hereby allows the photographer to display any images included in this contract on their website, in their studios, portfolios, literature, exhibitions and advertising. No use of the images will be made by the photographer for other commercial reason except with the written permission of the client.
- Limitation of Liability: In the unlikely event of a total photographic failure or cancellation of this contract by either party or in any other circumstance, the liability of one party to the other shall be limited to the total value of the contract. Neither party shall be liable for indirect or consequential loss.
- Copyright: Re-editing or modification of finished work is not permitted without direct written permission of the Producer. Productions may not be shortened, enhanced, encoded or re-edited and will not be supplied to third parties for use in future productions undertaken by other companies.
- License: The photographer shall be granted complete artistic licence including in relation to the poses photographed and the locations used. The photographer’s judgement regarding locations, composition and poses, shall be final. Due to the restrictions of weather, time restraints and the willingness of subjects it may not be possible to capture all of the images or shots requested.
- Force Majeure/Act of God: The due performance of this contract is subject to alteration or cancellation by either party owing to any cause beyond their control
- Upon delivery of the finished video, reasonable changes and corrections will be made free of charge at our discretion if they are required to ensure the film fully meets the brief. Major creative changes suggested by the client would be undertaken as a chargeable service (hourly rate plus any expenses) if it is considered that the requests are a contradiction or addition to the instructions supplied in the job brief, or if it is deemed that insufficient information was given before the work commenced.
- Payment terms are stated below the estimate/quote supplied in advance. If a deposit is due in advance of filming, it is payable by cheque, bank transfer, BACS or cash.
- Failure to receive payments on due dates will result in cancellation or suspension of the shoot.
- Fees due to third parties such as locations or cast members arranged by the client are the responsibility of the client. It is the full responsibility of the client to ensure that all due fees are paid to third parties.
- If a contract is cancelled after planning work has commenced, charges will be made to cover all work already completed, at the current hourly rate plus mileage expenses incurred.
- Payment of invoices will be due within 10 days of the invoice date. If payment has not been received and no suitable explanation has been provided, additional fees will apply. A separate invoice will be sent for these amounts and any ongoing work will be suspended until all outstanding payments are received.
- VAT is NOT applicable to prices.
- Any additional specific production requirements not covered in this document should be supplied in writing before filming begins to allow for adequate preparations and to avoid additional unforeseen charges.